1) q Which English rock band released the single ” Get off of my Cloud ” in September 1965 ? a The Rolling Stones.
2) q ” Dancing in the Street ” was a 1964 hit for which American girl group ? a Martha Reeves and the Vandellas.
3) q ” Which Australian band released the single in 1981 ( that got to number One in the UK ) which began ” Travelling in a fried out Kombi, on a hippie trail head full of zombie ” a Men at Work .
4) q ” Stevie Wonder wrote the song ” Happy Birthday ” in 1981 to campaign to have to have whose birthday made into a national holiday ? a Martin Luther King .
5) q ” Which English composer and musician links the 1980’s bands Erasure, Yazoo and Depeche Mode ? a Vince Clarke
6) q Which American recorded ” Pull up to the Bumper ” in 1980, reaching Number 5 in the UK singles chart ? a Grace Jones.
7) q Who were the most successful Scottish rock band of the 1980’s with singles such as ” Don’t you forget about me ” a Simple Minds.
8) q Where in the North of England was Lisa Stansfield born ? a Rochdale.
9) q Which type of music do the following songs all belong to – Out on the floor, Do I love you and Tainted Love ? a Northern Soul.
10) Weather With You and Four Seasons in One Day were both singles for which group ? a) Crowded House.
11) Which lesson does Sam Cooke not mention in his 1960 hit “Wonderful World”?
- Answer C=music…. Don’t know much about Geography b) Don’t know much about History c) Music d) Don’t know much about the French I took
12) “The last three minutes of the last day of school” were described as three of the best minutes ever by one glam rocker who tried to “capture that three minutes in a song”. Who was the singer and what was the song? Alice Cooper – School’s Out
13) “We don’t need no education, we don’t need no thought control” What was the full title of Pink Floyd’s only number one single? Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)
14) 2004’s “The College Dropout”, 2005’s “Late Registration”, and 2007’s “Graduation” were the first three albums released by which US rapper? Kanye West
15) Which 1980 Madness hit, on the subject of school days, was re-recorded at a much slower pace in 2011 for a Kronenbourg advertising campaign? This slower version has subsequently been included in some compilations of the band’s work. Baggy Trousers
16) “Kooks”, from 1971’s “Hunky Dory” is sung by David Bowie to his new son. What does he promise to do “if the homework brings you down”? “Then we’ll throw it on the fire and take the car down town”
17) “I don’t like Mondays” by the Boomtown Rats was written around what type of event, that the band heard the news of when touring the USA? A school shooting, specifically the 1979 Cleveland Elementary School shooting by 16 year old Brenda Spencer
18) In 1958 a romantic comedy set at a night school journalism class was released, staring Clark Gable and Doris Day. Day also recorded the film’s lead single. What were the film and single called? Teacher’s Pet
19) “Make us worthy, make us proud, teach us not to be too loud” are the opening lines from which Girls Aloud song, also released to promote a film? Theme to St Trinians
20) What were “the others laughing and making fun” of Dolly Parton for wearing, on the song that she refers to as her favourite that she has written? Her “Coat of Many Colours” that her mother had sewn for her.