1) What was the first album released by Ian Dury and the Blockheads ?
2) Which Scotsman sang ” A girl like you ” ?
3) Which Englishman’s first three albums all appeared in Rolling Stone’s list of 500 greatest albums of all time ?
4) Which 1980 single began with ” Now I’ve got a cousin called Kevin …. ” ?
5) What was hailed as ” An Aquarian Exposition : 3 days of peace and music “
6)According to the first line of the Irish folk song ” Wild Rover “, ” I’ve been a wild rover for many a year, ” what is the second line ?
7) Which Thin Lizzy single, released in 1972, reached their highest position in the charts ?
8) What is the top selling cover version of all time ? ( Think Elvis, think Pet Shop Boys ).
9) Which British band (not the Beatles) hold the record for the best selling import album of all time in the USA ?
10) Which 1986 single, by an English solo artist, is supposed to be MTV’s most played music video of all time ?
11. What is the nationality of Christine and the Queens?
12. On the Arctic Monkeys ‘AM’ the song ‘I Wanna Be Yours’ features lyrics written by a famous poet, who previously experienced chart success in his own right. Which poet was this?
13. In which year did Amy Winehouse die?
14. ‘Good as Hell’, recorded with Arianna Grande, was a UK number 7 chart hit for which Grammy award winning rapper?
15. What is the name of the Elbow frontman who hosts the 6music radio show ‘Finest Hour’?
16. Which recently reformed Oxford group had albums including ‘I Should Coco’ and ‘In It for the Money’?
17. On December the 31st, 1994, the largest ever concert was held on Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; with over 3.5 million people in attendance. Which singer was performing?
18. Who is the highest selling artist in UK singles chart history?
19. According to Forbes, who is the world’s richest female musician?
20. Who is currently number 1 in the singles charts?