1) Which pop/rock band have appeared on Top of the Pops 87 times? Status Quo
2) Pulp, The Human League and Heaven 17 were bans of the late 1970’s/ early 1980’s from which English city? Sheffield
3) Name two Beatles songs that featured parts of the body. I want to hold your hand, Back in the USSR
4) Which Dolly Parton songs have spent the longest time in the UK singles charts? Islands in the stream. Jolene, 9 to 5.
5) Which 59 year old Wildlife expert was in a punk band called ” The Titanic Survivors “? Chris Packham
6) Who is the only ex-Beatle to have written a James Bond theme, and what was that song?
Paul McCartney, Live and Let Die.
7) Who is the oldest British male singer to have had a number one album? Rod Stewart
8) Who was the first British band to have replaced themselves at number one? Beatles
9) The Eurythmics had three singles that got to number three in the charts or higher – name them.
Sweet things are made of these, Who’s that girl, There must be an angel
10) Which 1980’s British pop band had hits with Mad World, Shout, and Everybody wants to rule the world? Tears for Fears
11) The title of which artwork completes the Nat King Cole lyric – ” Do you smile to tempt a lover ……… Mona Lisa
12) Who is Paul David Hewson better known as? Bono
13) Who was the first Irishman to head line Glastonbury on three separate occasions? Van M.
14) Who was the first African American woman to win a Grammy for popular music?
15) Which late Country and Western singer was also a nationally ranked tennis player?
16) Which person, with a connection to popular music in the UK, holds the record for the highest score in Celebrity Mastermind? Stuart Maconie
17) How many singles by ” The Who ” have reached number one in the UK singles charts? 0
18) Which English band of the late 1970’s/ early 1980’s had four number one singles, three of which went straight into the charts at number one? The Jam
19) Which popular folk song featured four herbs? Scarborough Fair
20) In 1970 Barry Stoller composed a t.v. theme tune that became the most successful ever. What was the t.v. programme? Match of the Day.