I know nothing of contemporary music. I sometimes try to pretend I do. When asked about a hip new band, I passionately nod and say ‘yea they’re great’. But I’m lying. I won’t have heard of the band and I will move the topic to something else as quick as I can. So with that said….There will be a lot more re-discovery than discovery in my top 10 albums to discover/rediscover. In actual fact it will be 100 percent re-discovery. Sorry for that but I’m glad we got that out it the way.
1. Abba….Gold – If I had to only listen to one album everyday for the rest of my life, and it was this…….I’d go completely insane. But it’s still really good.
2. AC/DC…Back in Black – Same as above
3. Tina Turner… Private Dancer – The greatest song ever written is Whats love got to do with it.
4. David Bowie…Young Americans – Obvs
5. Sufjan Stevens… Carrie and Lowell – Because I’m actually very sensitive and emotional.
6. Price…Purple Rain – Prob the best musician that’s ever lived. Name one better? Go on! Try?!?!….See.
6. Kenny Rogers…The Gambler – The greatest song ever written is Whats love got to do with it…but that’s got nothing to do with this. It’s just a good album. I sing the song The Gambler in the shower. It’s a good shower song. Other good shower songs are…You can’t hurry love, Son of a preacher man and We didn’t start the fire.
7. Diana Ross…Diana – It’s good.
8. R.E.M….Out of Time –
9. Billy Joe Shaver…I’m just an old chunk of coal (but i’ll be a diamond someday) – Makes me wanna buy a gun and shoot it blindly into the air because i’m happy about something.
10. The Beatles – The best of…. Classic joke for a new audience.