1) Which Bruce Springsteen song was the most successful single for Manfred Mann’s Earth Band?
2) Name three female singers that Marvin Gaye duetted with?
3) Which Yorkshireman had a massive hit with the duet ” Up where we belong? “
4) ” Stick a pony in me pocket, I’ll fetch the suitcase from the van ” are the opening two lines from which theme tune?
5) Mike d’Abo wrote the famous song ” Handbags and Gladrags, as covered by Rod Stewart and The Stereophonics but which band was Mike in?
6) Which American girl group released their first two albums called PCD and Doll Domination?
7) The eleventh studio album by Pink Floyd had the first two tracks as ” In the flesh ” and ” Thin ice “, and the third track was released as a single in November 1979 ? What was the third track?
8) In November 1979 which British new wave band had a single in the top four with ” Eton Rifles “?
9) Who was born at 40 Stansfield Road in Brixton?
10) Which Heavy Metal band formed by David Coverdale is one of the few results in an internet search for famous bands from Middlesbrough?
11) Richard Wayne Penniman performed under what stage name?
12) Different songs with the same title (1st word, 2nd word, 1st word again) have been released as singles by the Rolling Stones, Dusty Springfield and Oasis, as well as being album tracks by the likes of Alice Cooper, Robert Plant, Radiohead and Laura & the Lovers. What is this ever popular title?
13) At 1 minute 53 seconds 2018 country-rap hit ‘Old Town Road’ was the shortest number one single for over 5 decades. Who was the singer?
14) Mercury nominated British rapper Simbiatu ‘Simbi’ Abisola Abiola Ajikawo has had a busy lockdown, and released the ‘Drop 6’ EP recently, gaining a lot of airtime on the likes of Radios One and Six. What is she more commonly known as?
15) What genre of music is included in the name of the state capital of Arkansas? The Avant-Garde cellist Charlotte Moorman and Amy Lee of Evanescence are both from there, and celebrated saxophonist Bill Clinton also resides in the town!
16) In 1975 Jimmy Page claimed which rock band, including members like Lowell George and Bill Payne, were his favourite American group?
17) Who did the Everly Brothers want to wake up back in 1957?
18) Mumford & Sons’s first (and best) single was released in 2009. What was it called?
19) The first group to win X Factor is also one of the show’s most successful. What is the name of the 4-time UK charttoppers, known for hits like Black Magic, Shout Out to my Ex, and Salute?
20) What song was a minor hit for Elvis Presley back in ‘68, but was a worldwide hit in 2002 when remixed by Junkie XL?