1) What was the first album released by Ian Drury and the Blockheads? New boots and panties
2) Which Scotsman sang ” A girl like you “? Edwin Collins
3) Which Englishman’s first three albums all appeared in Rolling Stone’s list of 500 greatest albums of all time? Elvis Costello
4) Which 1980 single began with ” Now I’ve got a cousin called Kevin …. ” ? My Perfect Cousin
5) What was hailed as ” An Aquarian Exposition: 3 days of peace and music ” Woodstock Festival.
6)According to the first line of the Irish folk song ” Wild Rover “, ” I’ve been a wild rover for many a year, ” what is the second line? And I’ve spent all my money in whiskey and beer
7) Which Thin Lizzy single, released in 1972, reached their highest position in the charts? “ Whiskey in the Jar. “
8) What is the top selling cover version of all time? (Think Elvis, think Pet Shop Boys). ” You were always on my mind”. Kept The Pogues Fairy Tale in New York off Number One.
9) Which British band (not the Beatles) hold the record for the best-selling import album of all time in the USA? The Clash
10) Which 1986 single, by an English solo artist, is supposed to be MTV’s most played music video of all time? Sledgehammer (Peter Gabriel).
11. What is the nationality of Christine and the Queens? French
12. On the Arctic Monkeys ‘AM’ the song ‘I Wanna Be Yours’ features lyrics written by a famous poet, who previously experienced chart success in his own right. Which poet was this? Dr John Cooper Clarke
13. In which year did Amy Winehouse die? 2011
14. ‘Good as Hell’, recorded with Arianna Grande, was a UK number 7 chart hit for which Grammy award winning rapper? Lizzo
15. What is the name of the Elbow frontman who hosts the 6 music radio show ‘Finest Hour’? Guy Garvey
16. Which recently reformed Oxford group had albums including ‘I Should Coco’ and ‘In It for the Money’? Supergrass
17. On December the 31st, 1994, the largest ever concert was held on Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; with over 3.5 million people in attendance. Which singer was performing? Rod Stewart
18. Who is the highest selling artist in UK singles chart history? Eminem
19. According to Forbes, who is the world’s richest female musician? Rihanna
20. Who is currently number 1 in the singles charts? The Weeknd – Blinding Lights